Version mismatch when building trunk

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Oct 16 07:50:19 BST 2009

On Friday, 2009-10-16, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em Quinta-feira 15. Outubro 2009, às 23.53.18, Chani escreveu:

> > so if there *is* a way for people to set up their git repository so that
> > it automagically updates to the latest recommended qt with just a 'git
> > pull' or whatever, can we have instructions for that please? :)
>
> There is a way, provided you never have commits of your own on top.
>
> git fetch origin HEAD
> git reset --hard FETCH_HEAD

So if I do that now or right after a clone, do I have to repeat it before
every update or does this make the KDE branch permanently work the way it is
intended?

As I said I don't mind cloning everytime but if this makes updates work I'd it
would be silly to waste shared resources like gitorous' bandwidth by doing
full copies.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring