Version mismatch when building trunk

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 22:53:18 BST 2009

> > If git is not capable of updating a branch, can I at least clone the same
>
> It's capable of updating a branch.
>
> I chose not to. I chose to create a new one and force you to switch.
>
> >  URL and have the server figure out which branch this currently points
> > to?
>
> Yes, it's already there. The recommended branch is stored in HEAD. Just
>  keep resetting to kde-qt/HEAD.

[chani at brain kde-qt]$ git remote show origin
* remote origin
  Fetch URL: git://gitorious.org/+kde-developers/qt/kde-qt.git
  Push  URL: git://gitorious.org/+kde-developers/qt/kde-qt.git
  HEAD branch: 4.6-stable-patched

this is what you're referring to?

so if there *is* a way for people to set up their git repository so that it
automagically updates to the latest recommended qt with just a 'git pull' or
whatever, can we have instructions for that please? :)

also, there was no reminder of the dependency change on saturday; normally I
see reminders here when something important happens. next time someone makes
a change that affects everyone, do please remind us when it happens. :)

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com