KWindowSystem::windowGeometries() ?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Oct 7 17:44:21 BST 2009

On October 7, 2009, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Hmm, but that is what the reviewboard function calls. And I don't see good
> use cases for a library function that is just a loop over this. It appears
>  to be rather unusual to me to want just geometries of a random group of
>  windows.

it is unusual, which is why we figured we'd ask first :)

places that do this currently: the pager, the taskbar for multiple window
thumbnails in a single mouse over popup.

we're also working towards an overview mode that let's one associate
Activities in Nepomuk with both Plasma Containments ("Activities") and windows
and such an overview in Plasma would benefit from showing window thumbnails as
well.

so it's not common and is indeed unusual. it's something that only desktop
shell type apps are likely to use.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se