KWindowSystem::windowGeometries() ?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 12:36:17 BST 2009

Hi all,
in Plasma we have a little class used to abstract the construction of xatoms
used basucally only by us to trigger/control particular kwin effects.
now, another convenience function we need is to fetch the geometries of a
certain group of windows (that can be any list of ids) (see
http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/1800/)

Now this type of function probably could make sense in KWindowSystem since is
more about generic window management rather than composite effects.

I'm not sure how much this would be needed outside plasma, if there is an
enough use case to put it there, if its not it will stay in
Plasma::WindowEffects...
Lubos (and others involved), what do you think? :)

Cheers,
Marco Martin