Building a KDE4 application with autotools

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Oct 6 17:07:49 BST 2009

On 06.10.09 14:29:50, Dario Freddi wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> I know the question might sound weird. I'm preparing a patch for Plymouth to
> have a boot log viewer based upon KDELibs. However, since the whole project
> builds with autotools, they surely would favor a patch to their buildsystem
> rather than a separate cmake file.
>
> Does anyone ever faced such a thing, or can anybody give me some decent
> pointers on how to achieve this?

Well, basically all you have to do is port FindKDE4Internal.cmake in
kdelibs/cmake/modules to autotools. You may be able to leave out parts
(like macos or windows support).

Another option would be simply trying to find kde4-config and run it
fetching its --prefix, --exec-prefix and maybe other info and then try to
find libkdecore/libkdeui and friends based on that.

Andreas

--
You can create your own opportunities this week.  Blackmail a senior executive.