KDE/kdelibs

Jussi Kekkonen jussi.kekkonen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 10:26:03 GMT 2009

(Forgot to switch to right account/address last time, as subscribed to
list with this one)

2009/11/27 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> On 27.11.09 10:49:56, Jussi Kekkonen wrote:
>> > Patch needed for kdebase to compile attached.  I'm travelling today so please
>> > just commit if it is correct.
>> >
>> > Will
>> >

>> Will, if I understood right you did "sed -i
>> 's/DESKTOP_ONTOLOGIES_DIR/SHAREDDESKTOPONTOLOGIES_ROOT_DIR/g'" for
>> those files, unfortunately that's not enough
>
> Actually it is. SHAREDDESKTOPONTOLOGIES_ROOT_DIR needs to point to the
> directory containing "nie" subdir.

Apparently yes, hmh, it works now when it's in svn, also more below

>> >Hmm, unfortunately there's one problem (which I only see now that I
>> >actually tested this): Installing the ontology in a different prefix
>> >than KDE doesn't work. Usually when doing something like that one sets
>> >CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to the prefix, but unfortunately that'll only search
>> ><prefix>/include. So I'd need to set the
>> >SHAREDDESKTOPONTOLOGIES_ROOT_DIR to prefix/share/ontology which is not
>> >quite right either.
>> >
>> >Seems like we're bitten by a missing feature in cmake (I'll send them a
>> >wish), there's no "find_data_path" or something similar which looks for
>> >files in <prefix>/share.
>> >
>> >I'm not 100% sure what the best way is to fix this, would like to get
>> >input from Alex on that. One possibility would be adding a second
>> >variable like SHAREDDESKTOPONTOLOGIES_PREFIX and then extending
>> >find_path() with ${SHAREDDESKTOPONTOLOGIES_PREFIX}/share.
>> >
>> >Anyway, I think we can defer that into the next week (but need to make
>> >sure we don't forget it) when Alex can comment again. So no objections
>> >from my side against this last patch. Thanks for writing this up so
>> >quickly.
>> >
>> >Andreas
>>
>> I think this is issue we hit in kdebase now with winters patch:
>
> Where are the ontologies? What is the variable set to? How did you run
> cmake?
>
> Andreas

I have them installed in same prefix than KDE, so I suspect this was
sillyness in my part, as I didn't remove CMakeCache.txt but merely
manually removed lines I thought would be enough.
Oh well, all is fine eventually (:

--
Jussi Kekkonen
  Ubuntu/KDE developer  tmt at ubuntu.com