polkit-kde also in kdereview

Radek Novacek rnovacek at redhat.com
Fri Nov 27 10:07:48 GMT 2009

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with whole translation process in KDE. It's new
for me.

> I don't find a call loading a translation catalog  polkit-qt-1 or polkit-
> qt-1_pt in the code.
How would the loading code look like? It's Qt only library so I can't use any
KDE stuff and because it's library it has no main function, so I even don't
know where I should put that code.

I there any tutorial for this case? I can't find anything.

> polkit-kde/
> Messages.sh extracts to the catalog polkit-kde-authentication-agent-1,
> but polkit-kde/manager/main.cpp has:
> KAboutData aboutData("policykit1-kde", "", ki18n("PolicyKit1-KDE"),
>  "0.1",... which means i tries to load the not existing catalog
>  "policykit1-kde" -> it is untranslated.
>
> Three possible fixes:
>
> 1) use aboutData("polkit-kde-authentication-agent-1", "",...
> and change the code accordingly
>
> 2) use aboutData("policykit1-kde", "polkit-kde-authentication-agent-1",...
I choose this variant as it looks simplest.

> 2) rename the target in the Messages.sh to "policykit1-kde" and all exiting
> translations as well (you need a full l10n-kde4 checkout for that).

Thanks

Radek Novacek