KDE/kdelibs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Nov 26 17:16:31 GMT 2009

On Thursday 26 November 2009, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> I see. I apologize for the unconvinced I caused.
> Could a solution to this problem be that we keep a copy of the
> ontologies in kdelibs for KDE 4.4?

Personally I don't really have a problem if the new dependency is still added.

But it should be announced properly and obviously, so that people have time to
update before it "hits".
And as everything else which is added to kdelibs as something new, it needs to
be reviewed: In this case this means the FindShared...cmake file, since this
will be installed and people will rely on it for the rest of KDE 4 to stay
compatible.
This means the FindShared...cmake of KDE 4.8 should produce a compatible
result to the file we are adding now (i.e. the variables need to keep their
names and semantics).

Alex