KDE/kdelibs

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 14:07:14 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> The only way to change that, is talk to your module coordinator and
> establish a rule in your module that it must be compilable and work with
> the current stable release of kdelibs&co. Of course that also means having
> to wait another 6 months before being able to use the newest features from
> kdelibs.

Yes. I think that would be acceptable, but what about a compromise?
Let's say, release kdelibs+kdebase-runtime every 6 months, and the
rest of the modules every 6 months too, with an initial offset of 3
months. This makes life much easier for application developers, since
they can develop against a stable library base. And it helps keeping
binary compatibility working, too, since the libs developers would
test against stable applications.

--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams