[Sebastian, Will, Alexander] Problems compiling kdebase-4.3 due to trig

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Nov 23 21:43:55 GMT 2009

On Sunday 22 November 2009, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 20 November 2009, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> > are you sure there isn't something wrong with your setup?
> > After all, the header is installed by kdelibs/nepomuk/core/ui
>
> Let's see tomorrow when kdelibs builds again.

So, kdebase is not building since more than a week now.
The problem is this in kdelibs/CMakeLists.txt:

if(Soprano_FOUND AND SOPRANO_PLUGIN_RAPTORPARSER_FOUND
   AND SOPRANO_PLUGIN_REDLANDBACKEND_FOUND)
  set(HAVE_NEPOMUK true)
  add_subdirectory(nepomuk)
endif(Soprano_FOUND AND SOPRANO_PLUGIN_RAPTORPARSER_FOUND
      AND SOPRANO_PLUGIN_REDLANDBACKEND_FOUND)

This part is skipped on my box, which is ok, since this is optional, otherwise
cmake should fail and report that it can't build kdelibs because RAPTORPARSER
and REDLANDBACKEND have not been found.

But as it is, it succeeds, and skips nepomuk, and by this does not install
e.g. ./nepomuk/core/ui/kmetadatatagwidget.h .
But this is used later on in kdepim, which then fails:
http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=38741

So, what do we do ?

Is SOPRANO_PLUGIN_RAPTORPARSER_FOUND and SOPRANO_PLUGIN_REDLANDBACKEND_FOUND
really optional or should we make it required ?

Or should the code be built only optionally ?
Then it needs proper checks.

As it is now, it is broken.

Alex