Freeze exemption for PA integration into Phonon

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Mon Nov 23 01:34:51 GMT 2009

 Mandag 23. november 2009 01.51.48 skrev Raphael Kubo da Costa :
> I hope this doesn't completely change the subject of the thread and start a
> (kind of) flamewar, but how are the Phonon-git migration and the Qt sync
> going? Is Phonon from Qt always going to lag behind this way? Is there
> anything I can do to help?

I have done a couple of test-conversions of Phonon to git, but I want to
postpone it until I can get help from someone more knowledgeable, and until I
have more spare time myself (I'm knee-deep in exams here now).

And the issue is really that I haven't really had any kind of communication
with anyone in Qt/Nokia about their use/shipping of Phonon (except Thiago, who
has tried to push the right people), and there isn't really much of a
precedent in how to do things.

Eventually I hope we can do proper releases "inside" Qt (unless Qt gives up
Phonon completely, and instead just focuses on QtMultimedia ...).

--
Martin T. Sandsmark