error on kdelibs/trunk due missing nepomuk ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Nov 22 13:33:24 GMT 2009

On Saturday 21 November 2009, David Ross wrote:
> On Saturday 21 November 2009 20:30:42 Martin Koller wrote:
> > Hi,
> > anybody else having this problem (At revision 1052464) ?
>
> having deleted everything to do a clean build I'm having the same problem.
>
> as mentioned on IRC earlier the problem is knewstuff stops kdelibs building
> if it can't find nepomuk but nepomuk will only exist once kdelibs is built.
>
> as a temp workaround kdelibs appears to be building okay having commented
> out the add_subdirectory(knewstuff)  line in the kdelibs CMakeList.txt
> file. once it builds okay should be possible to add knewstuff back

The only thing which needs/can be removed is the find_package(Nepomuk) call in
knewstuff3/CMakeLists.txt
This is not necessary since nepomuk is part of kdelibs, and knewstuff is part
of kdelibs, so in knewstuff simply the names of the targets of nepomuk can be
used for linking, i.e. "nepomuk".
As include dir for nepomuk I would recommend "${kdelibs_SOURCE_DIR}/nepomuk"
instead of "../../nepomuk/" (<foo>_SOURCE_DIR is set by every project(<foo>)
call).

(the other option would be to make FindNepomuk.cmake aware whether it is used
inside or outside kdelibs, and depending on this behave differently).

Alex