Minimal kdelibs on embedded platforms

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Fri Nov 20 10:19:37 GMT 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

>> Also you should never make a KFileDialog that just wraps QFileDialog.  If
>>  you are a KDE application and just just want a file dialog you can use the
>>  QFileDialog static functions and QFileDialog will call out to the KDE file
>>  dialog through hooks that are built into kio.  So if you are looking to
>>  make a minimal kde app this is one less api you have to worry about.
>
> Are there other K classes that get automatically used if you use a Q class in
> your app instead? It would be nice to have a list on techbase, and maybe a
> krazy check.

I agree with having a list but I'd rather have that information in the
Qt docs: "If used under KDE, this class/method calls
KFileDialog/whatever. If used under Gnome, this class calls...", etc
Not everybody developing with Qt under KDE/Gnome/whatever reads
Techbase, but they sure read the Qt docs.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org