KMenu title is navigable with the keyboard

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Thu Nov 19 18:06:39 GMT 2009

Am Thursday 19 November 2009 schrieb Hugo Pereira Da Costa:
> If not already done, you should commit the patch, so that current title
> widgets are rendered properly.
The proposed patch did not alter the widget painting - they remain
toolbuttons.

> I should fix the style (this is done locally, I just have to commit), so
> that both the "hacked separator" and the current widget are rendered the
> same way.
There's no hack on the QMenu separators (present, intended or possible ...
mmhhh possible might it be... ;-) - they're currently just collapsed (too)
agressively.

> I would rather not let the style hack the collapse separator style. This
> is an application issue...
.. and no good idea either, for
a) if there's only unreliable semi-support it's unusable
b) the style needs to care about the position and content relation of
separators when defining the separator height, i.e. the widget.

> At some point, (after kde4.4 is out) one could possibly replace the
> title widget (internals) to use these hacked separators, or leave the
> situation like now (after patch). Not a big deal.
I would rather suggest to get this done in Qt - collapsing is in general a
good idea (even for entitled separators) - we just need a better logic behind
it (i.e. check whether the "next element is a separator", the "separator is on
the end" or "on the beginning and has no title" - currently Qt checks inverse,
i.e. keeps the first seperator)
The change is pretty simple, though - you drop the lastVisibleAction pass and
reverse the size calcutaion (++i -> --i), store the last found handled
action(separator or action) check if it's a titleless separator, unset the
size in case and you're done ;-)

If a 4.6 beta change still applies to the current Qt git and someone plays my
merge request monkey, i'll provide a patch =)

Cheers