KMenu title is navigable with the keyboard

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Wed Nov 18 20:46:14 GMT 2009

Am Wednesday 18 November 2009 schrieb Oswald Buddenhagen:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 07:29:15PM +0100, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> > Also, as you mentioned this will enforce
> >
> > ::setSeparatorsCollapsible(false) I just ported a (dynamic) KMenu here
> >
> > to a QMenu in this regard and i had to take care on several redundant
> > separators (while before just relying on the collapsing) - this might
> > affact quite some apps ;-)
>
> doesn't it sound like a bug that separators with titles are collapsed at
> all?

On beginning - "maybe" (imho yes).

I guess the reason is that thefocus was simply rather on "separator" what
requires content above and below - i.e. adding text was not an inteded way to
entitle the menu (what yould be a flaw if the menu is opnened from a
menubar...)

Otherwise rather not - if there's no content then there's not much sense in
displaying a separator or title either.

So:
QMenu could check if the separator
- has a title
- is the first item
- is not associated with a menubar OR the qmenubar action is not the bars
activeAction
- not succeded by another separator (i.e. there's content)

and in this case not collapse it - any chance to do that before Qt 4.6?