mmap failures in KPixmapCache

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 17:21:34 GMT 2009

Hello folks,

Last night I updated to kde-qt master, and kdelibs trunk. Now this
morning, KPixmapCache is producing warnings like the following

kpat(4633): mmap failed for
"/var/tmp/kdecache-trunk-parker/kdecache-parker/kpc/kde-icon-cache.index"
kpat(4633): mmap failed for
"/var/tmp/kdecache-trunk-parker/kdecache-parker/kpc/kdegames-cards_Ancient
Egyptians.index"
kpat(4633): mmap failed for
"/var/tmp/kdecache-trunk-parker/kdecache-parker/kpc/kdegames-cards_Tristan.index"
kpat(4633): mmap failed for
"/var/tmp/kdecache-trunk-parker/kdecache-parker/kpc/kpat-cache.index"

and nothing is being cached. We rely pretty heavily on KPixmapCache in
KDEGames, so the performance of our games is terrible at the moment.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? Does anyone know what might have
caused the breakage?

Parker