Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Thu Nov 12 17:55:27 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 18:11, Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles at elpauer.org> wrote:
>> JIRA is not an option. We're a Free Software project and I expect hell to break loose
>> if we move to a closed source issue tracker. It's against one of our most important
>> values. JIRA and bugzilla are not the only products of its kind, there's for example
>> Launchpad, which is Free Software.
>
> I can help setting up Launchpad, in case we want to maintain our own
> infrastructure. I'm setting up Launchpad, including autobuilders for
> the Personal Package Archives (PPAs), at work. People are loving it.

Seriously, no, that bug tracker is even worse. If you want to be
drowned in duplicate hell, use Launchpad, the search function is
sub-par and you can't even make decent queries.
A big NO from me.
While a few parts of Launchpad are decent, the bugtracker is not, nor
is Rosetta (which is even worse, but that is a different story). If I
had to choose between Launchpad and Bugzilla, I would prefer Bugzilla
without hesitation. Launchpad might be suitable for smaller projects,
but certainly not for a project the size of KDE.
So if we change, it really has to be fast and scalable, with good
query options, else it's not even worth thinking of a change.

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org