[Sebastian Treug] Problems compiling kdebase-4.3 due to trig

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Thu Nov 12 14:41:52 GMT 2009

On Thursday 12 November 2009 00:00:46 Abhinav Chaturvedi wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
> I am using OpenSuse-11.1. This one comes with KDE-4.1.x. And I was trying
>  to compile KDE-4.3.3 when I encountered the trig problem.
>
> So, should I do a 'su -c "zypper install trig" ', or something like that?

A good trick for getting the build dependencies for building KDE trunk modules
is to use your distro's package management tools to install the dependencies
for the given module

eg on openSUSE 11.1, trying to build nepomuk in kdebase for KDE 4.3

Register the KDE 4.3 repo (otherwise you will get the build deps for KDE 4.1
kdebase4-runtime.

$ zypper ar -f \
    http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/43/openSUSE_11.1/ \
    kde43

Install the build dependencies for the packaged version of the module you want
to build:

$ zypper source-install -d kdebase4-runtime

Even if you don't want to get all the dependencies, the list of new packages
to install that zypper proposes should give you a clue what to install (in
this case, libraptor-devel), then you can cancel the zypper source-install.

Contra la onesided distro promotion in k-c-d!  You can do this with apt-get
build-deps too, I think!

HTH

Will