[Sebastian Treug] Problems compiling kdebase-4.3 due to trig

Abhinav Chaturvedi achaturvedi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 17:57:33 GMT 2009

Hi Sebastian,
Below is the first mail I had sent regarding nepomuk compilation problem
reproduced as is.

I am having problems compiling kdebase (of KDE-4.3 branch) and its seems
to because of nepomuk. I downloaded soprano-2.3.1 from sourceforge.net,
compiled it and
installed it in /usr/local. Hence, when I do cmakekde in kdebase, I get the
following message:

> > Found Soprano Plugin Dir: /usr/local/share/soprano/
> > plugins/soprano/plugins
> > -- Found Soprano Plugins: nquadparser nquadserializer raptorparser
> > raptorserializer redlandbackend sesame2backend

There is no 'trig'. I am assuming there should be a parser for it like
there are for raptor, redland etc. And that this parser should have been
included in Soprano-2.3.1. But
apparently it is not. Which is why I get the following message when
compiling kdebase.

> > [ 10%] Generating nie.h,
> > nie.cpp
> >
> > Could not find parser plugin for encoding
> > trig
> >
> > make[2]: *** [runtime/nepomuk/
strigibackend/nie.h] Error
> > 1
> > make[1]: ***
> > [runtime/nepomuk/strigibackend/CMakeFiles/sopranobackend.dir/all] Error
> > 2
> > make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished
> > jobs....
> >
> > Linking CXX executable
> > knotify4
> >
> > [ 10%] Built target
> > knotify
> >
> > make: *** [all] Error 2

  I was wondering if you have seen this problem before. I must tell you that
  I did *not* checkout anything other than kdepimlibs, kdebase, kdelibs and
phonon.
 These were enough when I tried compiling KDE-4.3 some months back.

  Is there anyway in which I can bypass 'nepomuk' compilation altogether?
  If not, then how can I solve the above problem? Do I need to checkout
  some other KDE packages?

  Thanks for your help
  Abhinav.

--
It's the peoples' will, I am their leader, I must follow them. (Jim Hacker
in Yes Minister)