chess and barcelona

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 16:22:02 GMT 2009

On Sunday 08 November 2009, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Diumenge, 8 de novembre de 2009, Inge Wallin va escriure:
> > On Sunday 08 November 2009 20:56:20 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > A Diumenge, 8 de novembre de 2009, Frank Karlitschek va escriure:

> > > You want kde-games-devel at kde.org for KDE games developers, but not sure
> > >  people there is interested in doing Qt/Maemo development, since it's
> > >  really not KDE development after all.
> >
> > I think this reasoning is wrong.  KDE is not just the desktop environment
> >  any more, it's the toolkit, including kdelibs and the community.
> > Nowadays KDE applications are cross platform, and the more we can get
> > into the mobile devices and make our apps run on small form factors the
> > better.
> >
> > Development for Maemo is just our next frontier.
>
> We disagree here :-)
>
> As part of the KDE community I care the less for Maemo until it ships KDE,
>  it shipping Qt is cool because means i have knowledge to code for it if i
>  feel like, it gives me more job opportunities, and probably creates more

well, the opportunity for Maemo to ship KDE should also be created, if we
don't push it i doubt that will happen any day, if we show that using kdelibs
there besides Qt can have clear advantage could instead make it happen, and
being on a potentially successful smartphone platform is indeed -very-
interesting

Cheers,
Marco Martin