Qt 4.6 behaves differently when "overloading" signals

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 16:56:24 GMT 2009

Hello list,

I'm writing about a problem I've run into running Qt 4.6. PolkitQt::Action
inherits from QAction, and redefines the "activated()" signal of it, so that
it gets streamed when the action is also authorized. This used to work fine
with Qt < 4.6, but with Qt 4.6 I get this warning line:

Warning: QMetaObject::indexOfSignal:PolkitQt::Action: Conflict with
QAction::activated()

And my application catching the signals actually catches QAction::activated().
I found out about this behavior also in KDE Partition Manager and I fear some
more apps might actually be hurted by this.

Any thoughts from trolls? Is this an intended change? I quite don't like the
idea to change the name of the signal to make everything work again.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B