Attica moved to kdereview

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Sat Nov 7 11:30:12 GMT 2009

Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> On Thursday 05 November 2009 19:50:02 Kevin Krammer wrote:
>> On Thursday, 2009-11-05, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

>> > Any good reasons to not call it libocs? That sounds much more
>> > descriptive
>> >  to me, given that it's all about Open Collaboration Services. While
>> > attica is a nice name, we should use descriptive names for libraries.
>> > Apps can indeed be more creative...
>>
>> Probably depends whether it can be used for any other REST based service,
>>  in  which case naming it after one of them might lead to people
>>  reinventing the wheel when searching for a Qt base API for talking to
>>  such services.
>
> As far as I know, it's exclusively for OCS. It would of course be cool, if
> it supported more than one API/Service, but I don't think it does that
> (yet?).

Nope, currently Open Collaboration Services is the only target.
I think some parts (the generic post and get jobs we have) might be
interesting for other REST API uses though.

I personally find that neither OCS nor Attica convey that much meaning
unless you already have much background knowledge.
How about going with something horrible like libopencollaborationservice?
I'd be happy to hear good name suggestions and not happy about even thinking
about the renaming orgy later on.

Cheers
Frederik