Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Nov 7 09:12:40 GMT 2009

On Saturday 07 November 2009, Niko Sams wrote:
> Ok - the more end-users an application has reporting crashes directly
> to bugzilla gets a mess.
> Firefox has a *lot* of end-users, they use a crash report server:
> http://code.google.com/p/socorro/
>
> It's open-source - we can use it too!

Socorro is a disaster to setup and maintain -- it's essentially an in-house
project that needs some full-time developer and admin to keep it up. I've
setup the breakpad/socorro combination for the HyvesDesktop app I develop at
work and it was an awful experience. And it only works if you have a relative
small number of builds because it combines the minidump from breakpad with
symbols extracted from a certain build.