Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi

Darío Andrés andresbajotierra at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 15:38:45 GMT 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM, John Tapsell <johnflux at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/4 Darío Andrés <andresbajotierra at gmail.com>:
>> Ok, I have currently implemented some features in order to improve the
>> situation:
>>
>> - The duplicate list that DrKonqi provides should be smarter and a bit
>> smaller (as it uses a stricter query to bugzilla)
>> - The duplicate list now includes the bug status in a tag, with
>> no-jargon (ex ."[Open]", "[Fixed]", "[Already Reported]", "[Invalid]")
>> - When you want to open a possible duplicate report, if that report
>> "X" is already marked as duplicate of another report "Z", you can
>> choose to show the report you wanted to open ("X") or the main report
>> ("Z") <- Resolving nested duplicate levels
>>
>> Other fixes that I have coded but I haven't commited yet:
>>
>> - If there are possible duplicates listed and the user didn't selected
>> anyone, nor marked anyone to attach the new information to it, a
>> messagebox will appear asking if he is sure.
>
> This might not be enough to dissuade people from just creating a dupe :)
>

> How about just offering to add people's nick to the CC list?
> Most people reporting a bug will find a dupe, and simply want to add
> their email to the CC list, without adding any useful information.  Do
> you allow for that?

In KDE4.4, DrKonqi allows the reporter to attach its crash information
(backtrace + description) + adding (him/her)self to the CC of an
existant bug report, but with such option it is stated that the
reporter should be sure that both crashes are the same (to not create
too much mess).

- Do you think I should add a third option "Add me to the CC and
dismiss bug report" ?

Regards