Status of kcontrol/randr

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Nov 4 14:25:22 GMT 2009

On Monday 17 of August 2009, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  I'm asking because for openSUSE11.1 I had to get GUI support for xrandr1.2
> and since 4.2 with Kephal was too late for that, I branched from 4.1 and
> handled it in whatever way I saw fit, because I thought it was temporary
> anyway. However now even in 4.3 kcontrol/randr is more or less the same
> code and also the same problems, most notably the inability to do anything
> with multiple monitors.
>
>  Therefore, unless there are different plans, I would like to switch
> trunk's kcontrol/randr to branches/work/~seli/randr43, which is my changes
> applied to current codebase. There are few things missing (noted in the
> BRANCH file), but I think it mostly works better than current trunk
> version. The differences include:

 For the record, I have merged all pending trunk changes to my branch and then
replaced the trunk version with it. The last revision with the original
version is r1044708. People who have the time and necessary setup are welcome
to test it and check the existing bugreports (I'm afraid I don't).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 084 672
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz