Qt KDE integration in kdereview.

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Nov 4 11:41:54 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 04 November 2009, George Kiagiadakis wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 3:19 AM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> That wouldn't be a bad idea either, it's easier just to always have
> >> KDEHOME set than special-casing it.
> >
> > Yep, excellent idea.
>
> No, bad idea. If you are using both kde3 and kde4 apps and you want
> them to use different KDEHOMEs, setting KDEHOME in startkde is just
> going to force them both to use the same KDEHOME, which is not what we
> want.

True.
And I just realized that it wouldn't help making sure KDEHOME is always set,
since one can also run kde apps outside of a kde workspace (-> no startkde
run).

> That's why the KDE4_DEFAULT_HOME cmake variable exists.

Yeah but that's not introspectable.
Hmm, actually, it is:  `kde4-config --localprefix`, but calling a process
probably too slow for doing from Qt?