Rocs moved to kdereview.

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Wed Nov 4 02:10:15 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 22:00:57 you wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 November 2009 15:51:50 Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> >  I'm no designer, probably I need to rethink something on the ui, but I'm
> >   not sure what, and whatnot, a new name whould be ok,
> >  and of course, bashing my code, this way I can improve further.
>
> Some comment from my side.
>
> First, there really should be some tutorial examples included, so that
>  anyone that is too lazy to read manuals can have a quick look on what it
>  does and how it works. Those should be editable, and could even have
>  "bugs" so that you (as the student) are invited to fix/improve them.

There's a folder 'scripts' with really simple Graphs and Scripts ( on the
sourcecode folder ) ready to be loaded and used. I will add more later.

> Found some bugs:
>
> - "Open Graph..." menu item I got a crash (reported as bug 213003 to "Rocs"
> product, which unfortunately has no assignee). That was after I added some
> nodes. May be a Qt bug, though.

Coudn't reproduce, it crashed just by clicking on the item or by loading a
graph?

> - When you start the app, the "editor" is shown, but the Editor "tab
>  button" is not selected. Clicking on the three buttons
>  "Editor/Debugger/Run" seems to randomly open/close the respective items.

it's not random. if you active the editor, but the debugger is active, then
the editor is activated. if you click on it again, it will hide everything,
but I should add the 'activated' part, keep it pressed or so. thanks.

> - Same bug is about the "Node Properties" dialog, that appears when I click
>  on a selected node. The "Show" name/value buttons are inverse to their
>  click state (and those should probably be check boxes).

They have a tooltip while I'm waiting for icons, I didn't want to do
checkboxes because checkboxes have a label on the side, a toogle button works
ok ( in my no-ui-designer opinion) , with checkboxes i think that the UI will
be huge.

> - That "Node Properties" dialog is not a parent of the main window, so that
> when you click main window, the dialog hides behind it. Maybe just make it
>  a dock into the main window, so that it can float or be fixed.

Good idea,

> - Those six "..." buttons should at least have a short text if there is no
> icon yet.

There's the tooltip text, or you mean full text while there's no icon?

> Didn't look at the source.

Please, take a look there, i need tips to improve my coding skills.

> Otherwise the idea is very nice. While you could draw simple graphs with
>  many other applications (Kivio?), something that is "scriptable" really
>  makes sense to learn how transformations can be made. Ah yes, provide a
>  good weighted tree rebalancer as an example ;)

há =)

> Christoph Feck (kdepepo)

Tomaz