device-automounter moved to kdereview

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 15:55:25 GMT 2009

> > Also, imho the informations should be refreshed even if it's already
> >  present in the .rc file whenever possible; besides; who is responsible to
> >  fill in the devices in the .rc file? the daemon I suppose; would it be
> >  possible to save the pretty name we have found for our device at the
> >  daemon level? so that whenever you connect the drive, the user would find
> >  it with its pretty name in the disconnected devices node as well. Having
> >  it set up at the daemon level could make the kcm part merely read it from
> >  the .rc since it will be automagically updated.
> It does that. The only reason for having the code to generate a name is for
> the condition where a new device is plugged in and the daemon hasn't written
> the name to the .rc yet. I'm sure there's a much better way involving dbus
> signals or using dbus to just ask the daemon for the list of devices.

/me should remember to relogin when recompiling a kded module
My apologies :)

It seems that, thanks to Albert now we can just use dev.description() and forget about adding the size ourselves;
also it seems sane that, since the naming method is shared by daemon and kcm, it should be put in the automounterSettings as well (and don't forget to add the icon-name to the rc as well ;)

Thanks a lot
  --J