Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi

John Tapsell johnflux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:17:39 GMT 2009

2009/11/2 Darío Andrés <andresbajotierra at gmail.com>:
> - Make the duplicate search step a required one (currently it is
> stated that duplicate search is "optional", as some users can't
> interpret/read backtraces or identify the situations). And if the
> reporter can't find any possible duplicate, he/she needs to explicitly
> state so <- not sure about this.

Go for this, including the "explicitly state so".

If there are any bugs with a duplicate back trace then either:

1) The user cannot tell if it's a duplicate or not.  In this case, I'd
rather just assume it _is_ a duplicate, and ignore.

2) If the user _can_ tell it's not a duplicate, despite the similiar
backtrace (which in itself is unlikely imho), then make so that they
really have to state that it's not a duplicate.

In the case of a duplicate bug report, it would be nice to immediately
tell the user

1) Whether it is already fixed.
2) Which release of KDE will have the fix
3) Possible workarounds

I'm not sure which of these are actually possible with bugzilla.

John