KDE & ARM (and introduction post to kde-core-devel)

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun May 31 16:25:50 BST 2009

On Sunday 31 May 2009, André Wöbbeking wrote:
> On Sunday 31 May 2009, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > qMax, qMin, qBound are template methods [1]. So adding
> > overloads/specializations makes no sense and won't help.
>
> Why not? If you offer overloads/specializations for (double, float)
> and (float, double) for qreal == float platforms it should work.

Right, I didn't think about overloads taking mixed types. Those
overloads should only exist for platforms where qreal != double because
of the non-obvious loss of precision.

Still I think explicitly writing qMax<qreal>() is better. After all, we
require explicit c'tors to prevent unintentional type conversions.

Regards,
Ingo