drkonqi kDebug area

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sat May 30 13:31:01 BST 2009

On Saturday 30 May 2009 7:52:58 am George Kiagiadakis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering  whether the new drkonqi should have it's own kdebug
> area. The old version of drkonqi didn't use one because it didn't use
> kDebug() at all, but the new version uses lots of kDebug() statements
> and everything falls into the default kDebug area. I'm not sure if
> there is a policy about that... It would be useful to have a debug
> area for it, though. If you think it should have one, how could I add
> it?

Yes, please add a debug area if will be useful to you.

debug area 1410 looks good.

Here are the steps:
1) add the line 1410 drkonqi into kdelibs/kdecore/kdebug.areas

2) near the top of drkonqi CMakeLists.txt file add the line
add_definitions(-DKDE_DEFAULT_DEBUG_AREA=1410)

3) make sure all the kDebug/kWarning/kError calls in the
drkonqi source do NOT specify any debug area.