KDE & ARM (and introduction post to kde-core-devel)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri May 29 21:21:38 BST 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009, Michael Casadevall wrote:
> Hey kde-core-devel:
> I figured with the advent of my new SVN account being created tonight,
> I should drop a line to kde-core-devel, and announce my attentions to
> the KDE developer community at large :-).
>
> I'm Michael (IRC: NCommander), and I'm based in Rochester, NY. I run
> KDE 4.2 on Kubuntu/amd64, and an active member of pkg-kde in Debian,
> and Kubuntu packaging team.  I'm familiar with the Qt library, and
> enjoy hacking code in my (very limited) free time, as well as keeping
> both Debian and Ubuntu's ARM ports happy. As some people may (or may
> not) be aware of, Qt does some special handling of qreal and other
> variables on the ARM architecture which can cause a failure to build
> from source (FTBFS) when downstream distributions attempt to build
> these packages. My goal it to get these issues resolved upstream once,
> and hopefully for all.

Cool, I'll do my best to help you with this.
(but not before July).
About the dashboard:
at http://my.cdash.org/ I set up dashboards for kdesupport, kdelibs and
kdepimlibs two or three weeks ago and try to build this regularly with cmake
2.6.2, 2.6.4 and current HEAD.
It would be nice if you could contribute builds there.
You should create a login for you at my.cdash.org and subscribe to these
dashboards.

Attached you can find the script which I use for the cmake 2.6.2 build, I hope
this helps you to understand how everything works, I'll write full
documentation later.

Alex