KDE & ARM (and introduction post to kde-core-devel)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri May 29 18:09:31 BST 2009

On Tuesday 26 May 2009, Michael Casadevall wrote:
> I figured with the advent of my new SVN account being created tonight,
> I should drop a line to kde-core-devel, and announce my attentions to
> the KDE developer community at large :-).

sounds like cool stuff; hopefully we'll keep your patching efforts required to
a minimum. :)

having an arm dashboard would be terrific so those of us w/out arm systems
around that we build on regularly can keep an eye on it.

> not) be aware of, Qt does some special handling of qreal and other

for the interest of others, the most common reason this problem poked its head
up in plasma was when doing something like this:

qreal value = 1;
.. some code ..
value = qMax(0.0, value);

this works just fine on archs like intel where qreal == double, but fails to
build on arm. solution is simple:

value = qMax(qreal(0.0), value);

various other similar situations, but all of the same pattern :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se