RFC: remove qt-copy

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Tue May 26 22:22:37 BST 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 5:36 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:

> But if I now put my KDE hat on, there's the need for a staging are for patches
> that Qt Software has not accepted or has rejected, but are still needed. For
> example, Luboš's checkWindowRole patch (0180). Those are patches to Qt that
> KDE strongly suggests distributors to ship.

In a similar vein -- what do I do with patches like 0231 -- Phonon was
unusable on OSX during KDE 4.1.x without that patch, so it is enabled
in Fink's Qt packages, but it was moved into "notsafe" in qt-copy.

That patch is unfortunately BIC so there's nothing to really do with
it until Qt 5, I guess, but I don't want it to get lost.  Where do
long-term storage things like that go?

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development