RFC: remove qt-copy

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue May 26 07:26:40 BST 2009

On May 25, 2009 16:09:37 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 25 May 2009, Chani wrote:
> > more seriously... scripty uses qt-copy.
>
> excuse my ignorance, but what does scripty do with qt-copy exactly?

svn checkout, then it reads some files.
there's some reason the translators need to make pot files from it.. iirc it
sounded like something that might *maybe* go away someday what with qt opening
up and all, but I don't fully grok the matter.

> > so as long as I don't try to svn up I won't even notice. :)
>
> that's the part i'm worried about :) hehe.. or maybe we could replace all
> of qt-copy's contents with a README that tells you what just happened ;)

that... actually isn't a bad idea. maybe leave the readme hanging around in
svn for a month or something. just in case someone's been living under a rock
and doesn't come out until just after qt-copy is removed ;)
I dunno, would svn up even *work* if the base directory you checked out has
been deleted?

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com