RFC: remove qt-copy

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue May 26 06:30:34 BST 2009

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>Proposal
>-------------
>* Use http://qt.gitorious.org/+kde-developers/qt/kde-qt instead of
> qt-copy
> * Remove qt-copy from our svn repository after a
> post-announcement grace period (so that we don't pull the rug out from
> under people)

I would prefer that git.kde.org be up and running instead, with qt-copy
hosted there, and all KDE developers getting automatic push access to it.
Using qt.gitorious.org will require that someone maintain the kde-
developers group.

>It fits directly into the Qt Software development team's daily workflow
>meaning that the odds of our patches getting upstreamed increases.

Submitting any patch via the merge system is two mouse clicks away once
the branch is created like I did,

>It means checking out and building Qt again.

You could make it a drop-in replacement, by dropping the .git dir and
removing **/.svn.

>Someone will need to make sure that all of our patches are already in
> kde-qt if they aren't already.

Done. I imported all patches and even kept the numbering to make it easy
to compare. I also restored the original authors and date. Each and every
KDE patch is applied directly on top of 4.5.1. The cherry-picked commits
from the 4.5.2 line are added on top of that.

I think I intentionally did not import patch 0118 because I didn't see the
need for it anymore. I also did not import patches that did not apply (I
think because they were already applied in the 4.5.1 line)

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358