RFC: remove qt-copy

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 26 00:13:41 BST 2009

On Monday 25 May 2009, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> The current way of doing things for me (in debian) is to take the
> released qt tarballs and read over the patches dir of qt-copy and
> delicately pick the ones I think is relevant and understandable (these
> factors is also influenced by commiter and names in the patch)

erf ... are we sure that having packagers decide which patches are best is a
better mechanism than having this done upstream in KDE? that sounds like a
great way to have various functionally incompatible versions of Qt out there
with the reasons for those differences depending on the understanding and
motivation of the packager.

as a software developer, that runs chills (and not the good sort) down my
spine.

i'd much, much rather see a "you pick either qt or kde-qt" world. two versions
of Qt is already too many if you ask me and hopefully in this brave new world
kde-qt will simply become a staging ground for the changes KDE needs in Qt
itself and everyone just packages Qt directly.

this is really in line with the questions Olivier asks.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se