KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/shortcuts

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat May 16 09:23:09 BST 2009

On 16.05.09 00:55:47, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Divendres, 15 de maig de 2009, Andreas Pakulat va escriure:
> > SVN commit 968447 by apaku:
> >
> > Revert r968030 as the automatic assignment of accelerators breaks
> > KUrlRequester, producing urls with literal "&" in them when using the
> > filedialog.
>
> This is a bug in KUrlRequester then,

Possibly, or a bug in that monster of eventfilter in KAcceleratorManager.

> automatic assignment of accelerators has
> been enabled in KDE since KDE 3 times and lots of programs rely on it (we
> could agree that incorrectly) to get their accelerators in place,

I totally agree with that (in fact I wondered since a few weeks why
KDevelop had no Accelerators on the menus anymore).

> so please revert your change and fix KUrlRequester

As I said, I have no idea about the relevant code nor if its really
KUrlRequester or that event filter (as I don't know how the manager works).

> or specify clearly the
> problems caused by KAcceleratorManager so I can help fixing them.

Get an application that uses a KUrlRequester, then try to choose a file
with the browse-button and look at the resulting string in the lineedit.
It'll contain an & somewhere in the string.

Andreas

--
You'll never see all the places, or read all the books, but fortunately,
they're not all recommended.