4708 warnings...

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Tue May 5 13:46:51 BST 2009

Hi,

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 01:57:10 Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> > If anyone wanted to dramatically reduce the warning count, she would
> > start fixing those with the highest duplicates :)
>
> You will need to fix gcc to fix the first 4, since the code is doing
> absolutely nothing wrong.

Of course KHTML/KJS does nothing wrong, but that is not the point.
The point is to get rid of these warning to see the warnings that actually
matter, so that we can see real errors in the code. I would like to see these
warnings fixed to reduce the noise when compiling.

Actually, the virtual-overload warnings _did_ find a real bug in KMail. For
most cases those are false positives, but those can be suppressed with
"using".
Other warnings can also be fixed easily.

Regards,
Thomas