Adding KFontUtils to kdeui

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon May 4 19:29:07 BST 2009

A Dilluns, 4 de maig de 2009, Christoph Feck va escriure:
> KFontMetrics sounds like it is a subclass of QFontMetrics, not sure if it
> is wise to use this name...

You mean like KColorDialog, KShortcut, KButtonGroup, KMessageBox,
KPixmapCache, etc?

> Am Saturday 02 May 2009 15:50:02 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > The QPainter is needed because from what my experience show rendering on
> > a QPrinter yields different results than rendering on a QImage.
> >
> > Also it's not on QFontMetrics because AFAIR QFontMetrics works on QFonts
> > only so it can't have that knowledge.
>
> You can create a font metrics object suited for any device using the
> correct constructor.

No, the QFontMetrics constructor that accepts a QPaintDevice does not render
on the device so the results are still just a guess, not the real thing.

Anyway it's obvious i'm too late on this, let's just wait for KDE 4.4

Albert