Extra resize events from KXmlGuiWindow

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Mar 28 22:15:59 GMT 2009

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:22:47 pm Parker Coates wrote:
> Earlier this week, I created a thread on kde-devel about a problem the
> KDEGames team is having with KXmlGuiWindow. Unfortunately it received
> no response (other than from other concerned game developers), so I'm
> going to try this list.
>
> Please note I've CCed kde-games-devel, but please respond on
> kde-core-devel.

Qt's "Scribble" example might be a simple enough Qt-based instance of
the extra resize problem: source at $QTDIR/examples/widgets/scribble ...
I inserted some code in file scribblearea.cpp, ScribbleArea::resizeEvent,

    static int num = 0;
    num++;
    qDebug() << "Resize Event:" << num << "W" << width() << "H" << height();

and got this output, at startup time (the app code does a resize to 500x500):

    Resize Event: 1 W 500 H 498
    Resize Event: 2 W 500 H 474

So this does seem to be a Qt 4 "feature" ...  What now?

All the best, Ian W.