Adding new functions to kde_terminal_panel.h

rahman duran rahman.duran at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 15:43:34 GMT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> You can't do that as its a bic change, you'll have to create a new
> interface for your new functions and make konsole inherit from both.

Yes I understand, Its a KDE Policy. But I don't understand, its tecnicaly
possible isn't it? I had a clean recompile and install kdelibs but konsole
refuser to link.

> Did you implement the new methods in konsolepart? It seems like you didn't
> do that.

I added this to kde_terminal_interface.h

/**

* Check if a sub process running in active session

*/

virtual bool isSubProcessActive();

added this to konsole/part.h

/** Reimplemented from TerminalInterface. */

virtual bool isSubProcessActive();

and implemented it in part.cpp

bool Part::isSubProcessActive()

{

     Q_ASSERT( activeSession() );

     return activeSession()->isChildActive();

}

Yes, I will subclass kde_terminal_interface to keep binary compatibility. I
don't have a very deep c++ knowlage and I just wonder why it doesn't link?

--
Rahman Duran

Software Engineer
Turkey

How many apples fell on Newton's head before he took the hint!