Patch v3: Fix KEncodingProber crashiness

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Sat Mar 21 12:15:56 GMT 2009

Yes, these are some issues which I didn't look at as I was just focused
on the crash and the encoding variable.  :-)

Peter Oberndorfer wrote:
> 4)
> currentConfidence is set when unicodeTest detects something.
> But the value is never used.
> So confidence 0.0 is returned i think?

No, the confidence returned is the confidence of the prober itself.
currentConfidence itself is, as you surmised, never used.  It's removed
in the attached v3 patch.

> 5)
> I think the prober is leaked on setProberType()?

Yes, it is.  Fixed in the attached v3 patch.

> 6)
> uselesss #define MINIMUM_THRESHOLD ?

Yep.  Also fixed.

--Jeff