Qt MathML Widget

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Mar 19 17:38:57 GMT 2009

Em Quinta-feira 19 Março 2009, às 00:45:20, Aleix Pol escreveu:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 12:32 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> > Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> > >Why do we need a library for stuff which is not part of KDE but used by
> > > KDE ? As I see it it's just another external library, which happens to
> > > be written with Qt.
> >
> > In the specific case of Qt MathML and other Qt Solutions, please be
> > careful about using them in public libraries without change: since
> > applications may use them directly, there may be symbol conflict. Also,
> > Qt Solutions changes major version (BC break) way more often than Qt.
>
> So you would recommend to have a copy on each application? Or just forking
> it (for bic)?

I recommend a copy in each application (or application library, that is the
same). Don't put it in any public library. Also note that there's no guarantee
that two Qt Solutions are compatible with each other.

If you fork it, please namespace it or change the class names, since we
reserve Qt* for ourselves.

  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358