overhaul of some kcm appearance

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:45:37 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:

> I mean, I'm really unhappy about the fact that the window
> manager now pulls in a full-blown HTML rendering engine just because the
> Plasma people decided to roll their own look&feel and now others have to
> be adjusted so that Plasma does not stand out like a sore thumb, and in a
> stupid way I'm happy I haven't had the time to do any KDE4 benchmarks in
> ages since I will probably freak the day I finally get to it, but I don't
> think there's a magic solution.

is this new in SVN? Because kwin 4.2 does not seem to depend on
anything like that. What is the problem, exactly? And isn't there
anything to do for those who do not care about Plasma look/mismatch
with KWin?
Making this support a plugin, or only enabled when using a certain
window decoration.

Thanks,
Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams