KIO::PreviewJob pixmaps + Qt4.5 crashes

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun Mar 15 13:16:18 GMT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

>> QImage::Format_ARGB32_Premultiplied);

>> > Yes it is possible, but I don't know where this copy happens at all.
>>
>> Exactly, Maskim (and I) pointed out that there *is* no copy.
>> AFAICS, it would be enough to detach the QImage, alas detach() is
>> internal.
>> How about
>>
>> QImage* i = new QImage((const QRgb *)data, w, h,
>> QImage::Format_ARGB32_Premultiplied);
>> (void)i.bits(); // detach from data
>>
>> if the above is the actual code?
>>
>> BTW: It probably works with OpenGL for you, because OpenGL is another
>> client/server system, i.e. the data is copied into an OpenGL-managed
>> area (possibly even the graphics card's memory).
>>
>> HTH,
>>   Hans
>>

> Is there a way to make sure what graphicssystem is being used?
> I haven't asked for raster at any moment...
>
> I only want it to work :S
>
> Plus we should warn the user the usage of raster.
>
> Thanks,
> Aleix

Ok, so i recompiled Qt and now it works, i suppose I had my installation
kind of messed (and this made Qt run with raster, which i don't get why).

But of course, KIO::PreviewJob is still broken with raster which, even if it
doesn't really bother me, makes me wonder what will be the bug behaviour on
other platforms...

bye
Aleix