KFilterDev changes from KDE3

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Tue Mar 17 11:07:19 GMT 2009

Hi David,

On Monday 16 March 2009, David Faure wrote:

> > The only way coming close to what I need is the method,
> > but this needs the mimetype again.
> > static QIODevice *   device (QIODevice *inDevice, const QString &mimetype, bool autoDeleteInDevice=true)
>
> Yes, this is the one you want.
> Why is it a problem that it "needs the mimetype"? You said the kde3 code uses
> KFilterBase::findFilterByMimeType() so surely it knows the mimetype.

Well, I know the mimetype, but as I do a backup of a _lot_ of files,
isn't the overhead too high to again and again calling findFilterByMimeType()
(as the mimetype will never change during the complete backup) ?

I don't yet have a completely ported app to measure the impact already.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail