Backporting .desktop file fixes to KDE 4.2?

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Tue Mar 17 01:35:49 GMT 2009

Hi all,

So, what is the plan for backporting the .desktop file security changes
currently in /trunk to KDE 4.2?

Obviously I'd be doing the work, but before I go off cherry-picking patches I
want to know that this is something we want.  (Obviously I'm lazily assuming
that's you're familiar with the security changes implemented for the .desktop
files.  If not let me know and I'll dig up the threads)

Backporting would require breaking i18n for a new dialog in addition (so, CC-
ing kde-i18n-doc).  This is a security fix (with no known exploits) so I do
think we should backport.  I've been waiting before sending this mail on the
patches proving themselves in trunk.  I haven't heard about any issues in
awhile now so I think we're there.

Are there any objections (or other comments)?  If not, I'll start picking out
the needed patches for application to /branches/KDE/4.2 at some point this
week.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne