KIO::PreviewJob pixmaps + Qt4.5 crashes

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Fri Mar 13 13:23:04 GMT 2009

#1) Well, for starters, you need to explain why in the world your
application seems to be using the raster engine and not the X11 engine.
There are absolutely no guarantees that KDE will work this way, at all, as
changing it is not behaviorally compatible.

#2) valgrind output will say a lot more than the backtrace.

#3) The other response is likely right. I bet the following accesses
deleted memory with the Raster engine:

const int w = 16, h = 16;
QRgb* data = new QRgb[w*h*4];
std::memset(data, 0, w*h*4);
QImage* i = new QImage(data, w, h, QImage::Format_ARGB32_Premultiplied);
QPixmap p = QPixmap::fromImage(*i);
delete i;
//Do stuff with p here

There seems to be no deep copy going on here (and coincidentally,
QImage::convertToFormat docs lie --- it doesn't always return a copy)