enhance KRecentFilesAction with a ui action to remove entries

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 01:50:21 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 17:46, Christoph Pfister wrote:
> 2009/3/7, Christoph Pfister:
>> Patch and screenshot attached - comments welcome (don't know how the
>> k-c-d development model works, but I don't mind you / me commiting it
>> if it's ok).
>
> v2 of the patch:
> - renamed *enable to *visible
> - replaced "Remove all entries" by "Clear list"
> - only show the clear action if the list isn't empty
> - internal: don't delete / reconstruct the special actions, instead
> use setVisible
> - internal: do not put the special actions into selectableActionGroup,
> as the code assumes that those actions are recent actions (e.g. for
> maxItems calculation and in saveEntries)

All around, I think this version is an improvement. Showing and hiding
the action instead of creating and destroying it is a much cleaner
solution.

> Please treat questions like "clear action visible by default" or
> "clear action in general" seperately (the clear action is still
> disabled by default in my patch); if you reach consensus about that it
> can be easily done as a follow-up commit.

I agree with David here. I think it makes sense to decide these things
before commiting. My vote is to enable it everywhere and avoid ever
cluttering up the API with a getter and a setter, even temporarily.

Parker